Managing Partner, J.R. Matsen, and President Family Office Services. National lecturer, trainer, and author. 34 years of experience providing wealth, estate, and charitable planning for multi-million dollar estates through national wealth planning organizations and financial service companies.
695 Town Center
Tel: 949 878 9402
Area of Expertise: Wealth Counseling and Wealth Blueprinting
Since entering the financial planning profession in 1978, Tim has developed broad experience in estate planning and portfolio planning.
During the 1980s, he consulted with a variety of leading investment firms to help develop investment policy statements and conducted asset allocation seminars with professors from leading graduate financial programs.
From 1990 until the present, he has focused on zero tax and charitable planning issues of concern to individuals with estates of $3 million or larger.
While serving as President of Family Office Services and Managing Partner of its affiliated law firm, Tim has helped advisers plan hundreds of cases for high net worth individuals.
Tim regularly conducts half-day “Best Practices” and “Best Tools” training sessions for attorneys, CPAs, and other advisers.
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Christian Legal Society (National Board in 1990s)
- Institute for Christian Conciliation (Certified Christian Conciliator)
- Charter Member, Kingdom Advisors
- JD – Southern Methodist University – Corporate & Estate Planning Law
- MBA – Arizona State University – Finance & Accounting, Academic Scholarship
- BA – Macalester College – Economics, National Merit Scholarship
Click to download info about Tim’s newest books
- Realizing Your Dreams through Vision Focused Planning
- Wealth Blueprinting with Income Tax Strategies
- Beyond Living Trusts
- Advanced Wealth Planning
- Advanced Income Tax Planning Techniques
- Optimizing Portfolios with Exchange Traded Funds
- Vision Focused Planning
- Building a Multi-Disciplinary Practice
- Best Practices in Philanthropic Planning
- Integrating Front-End and Back-End Planning Technology
- A Proven 17-Step Case Planning Process
- Advanced Planning Techniques for CPAs
- Best Practices of Successful Wealth Advisers
- Overcoming Regulatory Obstacles when Charging Fees
- A Proven Process for Serving High Net Worth Clients
- Tactical Planning Techniques
- Global Wealth Planning
- Funding Your Vision with Tax Savings
One of the nation’s leading authorities on wealth planning for affluent families, Tim consistently earns highest audience ratings as a frequent speaker and trainer at professional meetings and events for local, regional, and national groups of affluent families, philanthropic officers, and wealth advisers – including accountants, attorneys, investment advisers, and insurance professionals.
- Managing Partner, Copenbarger & Voorhees LLP and its predecessor firm (2007-2011)
- Partner of Brown & Streza, Inc. (2002-2007)
- Managing Director of Wealth Counselors at Law and The Wealth Design Center (1996-2002)
- Divisional Director – Renaissance (1994-1996)
- Juris Doctorate student (1991-1994)
- Partner -Voorhees, Ibbotson, & Stolte Associates (1990-1991)
- Regional Director, JMB Realty (1984-1990)
- MBA student (1982-1984)
- Financial Planner, Morgan Stanley Dean Witter (1980-1982)
- Licensed/Registered Financial Planner (1978-present)